Sunday, March 15, 2015

Getting new posts going

So, I've decided I'm going to start doing some blogging again. I'm out of the social media game, frankly I can't stand it at all. However, I'd like to have something to catalogue my experience for posterity. Maybe some day someone will find what I have written here to be of interest.

Had a great weekend so far. Saturday, 3/14/15, I met Justin and Jon Mulligan bright and early at Kyle's to do some kayaking. The weather was grey and drizzly all day. We originally planned to put onto the river at Ponca around 10 but Justin somehow managed to get his truck stuck on the mountain. Dad also got his truck stuck trying to pull him out. As a result we didn't get on the water till closer to Noon.

What a great day for floating though. I borrowed Jon's 10 ft dagger, Justin had his Jackson, and Jon paddled his 6 ft white water boat. Ponca to Steel Creek was probably a 30 minute float, water was really moving.

We stopped after Jim's Bluff to hike up to Hemmed In Falls. It was absolutely rushing. The spray alone would soak you from 30 feet away. I got a bunch of pictures with a crappy little disposable camera that I'll need to upload.

Also ran into Jared Watts out on the river. Good guy. He was out messing around with some other folks.

I bought this new tent to take with me, I really wanted a 2 person technical tent because our big tent is  a hassle to set-up and break down just for a quick trip. I bought what I though was a No Limits 2 person tent but it turns out they put more than one kind of tent in the same box. I wound up with the smallest 1 person tent I've ever seen. My sleeping pad and sleeping bag exactly fit in the tent. Oh well, I going to keep it for me and get one of the Bear Grylls quick up dome tents for Jen and I to use on short trips. You can't ever have too much camping gear right. Right????

We played a few tunes on Sat night before getting shut down by the Rangers at 830. Getting ridiculous down there but it is what it is. As more and more people visit every year they have to enforce the rules very strictly and I would rather they keep it that way as opposed to letting a bunch of drunks win the day.

Got home just in time to watch Arkansas lose to Kentucky in the SEC Tournament Championship game.

No comments:

lol

lol
ur my density